Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help For November LR!

shminder84shminder84 Alum Member
in General 34 karma

So,

I have been studying had for 2months, and I think I've done decent. I've got my self to a 165-168 range constantly. But this progress seems to have forzen over the last 3 weeks with me being locked in that range. With the mode being 167.

I'm constantly 0- -2 on the LG, -3/-5 RC, and always fucking -6 on LR. I used to be worse on RC, but that improved at the cost of the LR.

I think I may be struggling with LAWGIC, I'm not entirely sure. The def suggest I'm getting SA and NA wrong, 1 or more of each per test. but the rest is just all over the place.

FYI, I've done the loophole, which IMO did nothing for me. I've done the 7sage CC.

Any advice for a 2 3 question bump on LR by exam date. I'd love to crack 170, however doubtful.

Comments

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    215 karma

The powerful/provable spectrum in the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy really helped my LR score. Might be worth checking out.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited October 2023 797 karma

Out of the 6 questions you miss per section, how many are at the beginning/end? Are you finding yourself running out of time on the harder questions, or just not understanding?

You also mentioned SA/NA questions... with these I would recommend being critical of every word in the stimulus/AC, as one misuse of a word can make an answer choice wrong. This is even more true if they are at the end of a section, as these questions tend to be harder and have tricker trap answer choices.

Let me know the answers to the above questions and I'll do my best to help. I was stuck at -6 for a bit too, and just recently got down to -2/-1 before my Oct LSAT. The jump for LR came to me from perfecting my question 1-15 in 15 minutes, and being overly critical and taking my time on each of the last 10ish questions.

• shminder84shminder84 Alum Member
    34 karma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

I am finishing the questions on time, normally with a 1-2 min to spare. The questions I'm missing are normally distributed as ~3 throughout and ~3 at the end.

its normally 4 wrong in the 4/5 difficulty and 1/2 wrong on the 3 difficulty.

I have definitely noticed that reading every word is very important and for whatever reason haven't done so.

I have the loophole, but iwth 2-weeks is it worth reviewing?

I have been missing the AP questions also. I think I'll review the powerscore for AP and logic, thoughts?

@shminder84 said:
    Hi Alex,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

I am finishing the questions on time, normally with a 1-2 min to spare. The questions I'm missing are normally distributed as ~3 throughout and ~3 at the end.

its normally 4 wrong in the 4/5 difficulty and 1/2 wrong on the 3 difficulty.

I have definitely noticed that reading every word is very important and for whatever reason haven't done so.

I have the loophole, but iwth 2-weeks is it worth reviewing?

I have been missing the AP questions also. I think I'll review the powerscore for AP and logic, thoughts?

Regarding the loophole, I'd honestly say it's not worth it, and your time would be better spent on timed drilling NA/SA/AP questions. You need to be analyzing every mistake on these questions... in your review, look at the question until you can give a personal reason as to why every wrong answer is wrong and why the right answer is right. During my review, I would sometimes spend 1-2 hours on a 5 question drill because I wanted to understand every single reason I was not getting the question right.

Because you are already finishing sections with 1-2 minutes to spare, I think the pathway to cut a few questions off your score is to try to get your earlier questions (Q1-Q15) perfect. If you can shave off those 2-3 early mistakes you're looking at -3 which is very respectable and should be enough to get you to the score you want on November.

Another drill I like to tell others to do is to take the first 10-15 questions of a section and set up a drill where you take a minute max per question. Like I said before, if you shave off the early mistakes you're golden, and it is much easier to do this in 2 weeks than trying to cut down your score on the curvebreakers.

You're already in a really good spot. Good luck on November, and let me know if you need any more help or have more questions!

34 karma

Again,

Many thanks Alex, I will do exactly as you say. It makes too much sense.

Honestly, I've used all the SA questions in the earlier PTs, is it worth "wrecking" the 40s and 50s in case I have to rewrite?

I'm just being stingy and want to keep some virgin material.

@shminder84 said:
    Again,

Many thanks Alex, I will do exactly as you say. It makes too much sense.

Honestly, I've used all the SA questions in the earlier PTs, is it worth "wrecking" the 40s and 50s in case I have to rewrite?

I'm just being stingy and want to keep some virgin material.

Yes! Take some from the experimental sections so if you want to take the full PT you can switch it to modern and still have a 3 section scored test that you haven't used yet. Basically, switch a PT to "modern" and the section that is not scored is the one that you want to pull LR from.

How much of 60-94 have you gone through?

34 karma

I've got 14 virgin tests. And around 10 tests which I've used 5-20 questions on by accident somehow. I think using the 7sage auto drill builder.

Thank you again!