Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oct LSAT and Jan LSAT for 2024 Admission

chughm15chughm15 Core Member
in General 6 karma

Hi everyone,

I was hoping if anyone can give me some clarity on a situation I am in.
I am applying to Law School right now with the goal of getting in for next September (Fall 2024). I am Canada based so a lot of my applications are actually due tonight (Nov 1st).
I wrote the Oct LSAT and I just got the score back today and I got a 154. This is OK, but I would like to aim for a higher score. I will be scheduling to write again in January, as that is the latest possible score most schools I am applying to take.

My situation is that I don't necessarily want the schools I am applying to, to consider this October score, and would prefer if they wait until my January score. I have the ability to cancel the score, so I don't know if I should cancel it, or is there some way to reach out to the schools and tell them to wait on my decision for a future score? I'm just unsure because I know sometimes a cancelled score can be considered a bad look, but I know I can work harder and do much better in January so I also think it might be worth it to take that risk.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys! :)

Comments

• nbajaj13nbajaj13 Core Member
    14 karma

Hi! Also Canadian so totally understand being in this boat. On the OUAC website you can indicate future test dates, I know for UofT and Osgoode their admissions website states that if your current score is not competitive, they will refrain from a holistic review of your application until they receive your new score. But if your current score is competitive, then they will move forward with review, and re-review your application once you receive a new score. I honestly think the decision to keep/cancel is dependent on what schools you are targeting and if you believe you will see a big score increase come January.