Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October score of 150... Should I Cancel? Should I even Keep Going??

Hello!

The title says it all, but I have been studying for about 10-15 hours / week on my own with 7Sage, The LSAT Trainer, and Loophole while working part-time for the past 5 months. I used to PT around 160-162 since August, but since moving to a new house in September, I started scoring below 150-155. On the October Test, I thought I did better on RC and LR than usual, but on LG, which was the last section, I completely panicked and had to guess half of them, whereas during PT's LG was my strongest section, where I missed 0 to 1 every time, and what kept me motivated. I know I could have put in more time and effort, and although I am not a super genius, I was pretty despaired and depressed to not see any increase at all (combined GPA is 3.94, graduated from top 10). The 150 score is highly making me doubt my aptitude in this field and question if I should continue studying or if it would be wise to give up now. Studying and practicing the law has always thrilled me, but I have often felt like I am not really the type of person for the LSAT. I thought about getting a tutor or attending a class, but am not in the right financial situation to be able to afford that..:/ If I should continue, should I cancel my score, or will that play against me? I would love any advice, as I am very stuck in making this decision. Thank you so much in advance!!

Comments

• tina.marietina.marie Live Member
    152 karma

OKAY DO NOT GIVE UP! You are on the right track. I know a lot of us are on here aiming for that 160+ but it is not the end of your journey to law school if that doesn't happen. I think you're are being way too hard on yourself. Unless you are aiming for an Ivy or insanely high ranked school a 150 with that GPA is not the end all be all for you. I also believe that you will end up where you will end up. DO NOT LET THE NUMBER DICTATE WHO YOU ARE! It's just a score.

As for cancelling the score, I think that is up to you. If it was me... I would keep the score and take it again and hope to show an improvement in the score. I think that is a great thing for you to try, because you have something to write about for the additional essays if necessary. If you do cancel the score tho, you'll have to probably explain it in an application which is also not a big deal.

Let this be your turning point. There is always a next step in the process. This experience takes a lot more than intelligence, it takes grit and confidence. The LSAT is hard and not every successful lawyer scored a 170+. There's a bunch of law student & graduates today who probably score a 150. They didn't give up and you shouldn't either. If this is what you want, don't let that number define your future or discourage you from doing what you feel is right for you.

As someone who has been there & doubted their capability, don't give up. You don't want to sit back and wonder what if.

• kescoe26kescoe26 Live Member
    62 karma

@"tina.marie" love this comment!!!! I am literally in the same case a splitter (high GPA) and lower LSAT score, but i am going to keep going and studying to try my best!