Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some guidance

ajdrose4427ajdrose4427 Alum Member
in General 12 karma

So I just got my score for this October LSAT. Got a 150 after having spent the last 4 ish months PTing around 160-166. To say i'm quite devastated is an understatement but I'm going to chalk it up as a really bad fluke because I kind of let the nerves get to me on test day. I guess I just want some advice on what people do to help them on their actual test days to get their scores to mirror what they're actually capable of. Also, I'm scheduled to take January as the schools I'm applying to all accept the January test as the latest and my applications are already submitted. Is this going to hinder my chances of getting in anywhere because I understand admissions are on a rolling basis. Do you guys think they'll truly wait on my January score if it says thats the latest they'll accept?

Comments

• jennnxxpjennnxxp Core Member
    63 karma

I also did not do as well on my LSAT as I hoped. I had issues with the proctor, and it ended up screwing me over. So, I don't have any advice on how people can mirror the actual and practice scores because I failed to do that (lol). However, I thought about testing again in January, BUT that is quite late in the admissions process. I've heard submitting in Nov-Dec is considered on time, and anything after that is not necessarily late...but...

With rolling admission, the earlier you submit, the more scholarship money available, and they more seats they are willing to fill. That's something to consider.

So, after my October LSAT, I made the decision to retest in July 2024, take a gap year 2024, to work full time, and study for the LSAT. That way, I will have another chance to take it again if I need to (I really hope I won't), and I will be able to submit much earlier in the process. I'll also be able to apply for early-decision to the law school I really hope to attend.

I'm sure I didn't answer your question, but this is how I went about my not-so-great LSAT score this year. My plans were completely derailed. I hated (still do) the thought of taking a gap year, but it truly is in my best interest. For me, my thought process was, what is one more year of waiting for possibly more scholarships, a better LSAT score, and more opportunities for the biggest decision of our lives? Hope this helps in someway!