Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2024 or Aug 2024 Prep Plan!

alp7qalp7q Core Member
in General 53 karma

I took a “diagnostic” PT 57 and scored a 158.

-12 LG, -6 LR, -7 LR, -5 RC

Diagnostic in quotes bc I took the LSAT 8 years ago and scored a 157. After lurking on the discussion board, I’m realizing there’s a lot more prep that I can do. Originally I was planning to take LSAT Aug 2024, but I’m leaning towards prepping for the June 2024 test and retaking without LG if necessary. I’m hopeful that my low LG score means a higher ceiling and I’m worried about gambling on what the second LR might look like on the first administration w/out LG.

My plan is to work through the Foolproof book for the next 4 weeks and then start 7Sage CC in December and hit PTs/BR hard starting in March. I work full time (HS teacher) and don’t have a ton of disposable income to put towards prep/tutors etc.

Thoughts on this plan? Target is 167+

Any advice about this or people In similar positions for next cycle?

Comments

• jennnxxpjennnxxp Core Member
    54 karma

I am going back and forth between taking the July or August LSAT in 2024. LG is my weakest, but LG is also the easiest to learn and improve. LR is my strongest, but I'm not sure how I would feel if I got 3 LRs. Usually, top scores average -1 to -0 in LGs. As I said, LGs are the easiest to learn and improve. I also am nervous about the LR questions on the first August test without LGs. So, that all being said, I am leaning towards taking the July LSAT with a LG section. I do not like LGs, I am not good at them, but it is where I, and many others, most improve and raise their score significantly. That all is, of course, just my opinion.