Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Finished

goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
in General 531 karma
So, I am finally finished with the 7sage course, this is when things start to get interesting. I would like to know what you guys recommend I should do. Should I do a PT or two first and drill based on the scores of the PT's? or, should I drill a bit first and then take the PT's? I also want to mention that I have little practice with time. As I was working through the course I just kept track of time on a stopwatch, but essentially gave myself unlimited time to work on accuracy, and understanding.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    if you haven't already done some LG bundle work I would do that for a bit just to make sure your LG skills are on point before you begin since it's the easiest area to improve on. Then I would take a minimum of 5 PTs before you make any judgments about your progress. It is very likely that your first couple scores will not be much higher than your diagnostic since your PT taking skills are at worst non-existent and at best pretty rusty. I would do a warmup consisting of one game, one RC passage and ~10 random LR questions before each PT to get you in test mode. Save the drilling for once you have enough analytics to gauge your weak areas. Good luck!
  • goalis180goalis180 Alum Member
    531 karma
    @Pacifico Sounds great, Thank you. Btw Do you have your own printer to print out the PDF's or do you have another source? I used up all my printing credits at my alma mater, and I still have so much material to print out. I am hesitant about buying a printer because I have so much stuff I feel like I will be dropping large amounts of cash on toner, which I cannot afford to do at the moment.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    edited August 2015 1749 karma
    One view: I would definitely invest in a cheap printer. I have an HP bottom of the line but it does the job just fine. Sure the rollers are broken so I have to hand feed each sheet individually (which is a pain) but my old plan of going to the library and paying for it ended up costing more in the long run. I buy the BlackXL cartridges and they last me through a few (8 -10) tests. It just makes life so much easier to print immediately when you need something.
    8021 karma
    I bought this one and it has been awesome: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MBE21H8/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1439566978&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=hp+laserjet+pro&dpPl=1&dpID=414LGKWYIwL&ref=plSrch

Great duplex printing and super easy to set up and get printing... The toner it comes with could get you through all the PTs I'm pretty sure...
    8021 karma
    Honestly I think if you go too far below 100 bucks on a printer you're asking for some kind of trouble, but that's just like my opinion man...
    531 karma
    @nye8870 I have hard copies of the test, it is mainly for the cambridge drill packets, which are more than a thousand pages. At my alma I printed 5 copies all the logic games, and let me tell you, the guys had to open up 2 packs of paper, and I am sure that black xl cartridge won't even make a dent in what I need to print lollol. I def need a laser jet, but I def want to know if there is another cheaper alternative because those dang printers are expensive, including the toner.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Honestly I think if you go too far below 100 bucks on a printer you're asking for some kind of trouble, but that's just like my opinion man...
    Pssssh. This beauty right here is way under $100 and does a great job. It does not do duplex so if you really care about that then get Pacifico's.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JCA4GQS/ref=sr_ph_1?m=A2X4SDPI0VGP0O&ie=UTF8&qid=1439567864&sr=sr-1&keywords=samsung+m2020
    531 karma
    @nicole.hopkins your a champion at getting things cheap, however I do agree with @Pacifico on this one. Before deciding law school and what not I purchased three printers all at $80 and under, how many of them still work you ask? .5 meaning copies only on one LOL. My dad bought a printer and it was like $150, 2 years later and the thing is still kickin(My LSAT flaw senses are tingling) lmao. Anyhow the Tls'ers were recommending Brother 2700dw, but the dang thing is like $200. AHHHHH
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 2398 karma
    If you are only concerned about printing and drilling LR and RC packets and you have an iPad, then you can download a simple annotating app to use in conjunction with a stylus to drill these questions. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for full PTs, but for drilling it should be more than fine. Of course, a printer is cheaper than an iPad if you have neither lol. I do a lot of LSAT work on my iPad and it works out really well for me at this point.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I bought the printer that Nicole linked to way back when it was only $40. It still works like a charm and you can buy knockoff toner for $20. It's a quality printer and duplexing manually is not difficult- print even numbered pages, reverse and print odds.

Just my 2 cents.
    531 karma
    Gotta think about this investment. Thanks