Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People who have broken through testing barriers: How do you know when you've actually done it?

nacorda.nathannacorda.nathan Alum Member
in General 6 karma

Hey y'all,

I started taking practice tests about 2-3 weeks ago. For practically all my tests outside of my diagnostic, I've been scoring between 165-168. I spoke with a few of my friends that either attend law school or are working in the field already, and identified a few aspects that I thought would help me score higher, and possibly break the 170 barrier.

With newfound knowledge in mind, I took a test yesterday, and to my surprise, I scored 174! I'm almost certain this is a fluke, though. I don't think one can achieve a 6 point jump and maintain it consistently.

Including my diagnostic, I've only taken 10 tests though, so my sample size is small. Because of that, I don't feel confident I'll know my actual scoring range until I have several more tests under my belt.

My question: For those of you who aimed at and broke past a certain score threshold after plateauing, did you find your scores tend to stay past that threshold? Alternatively, did you find your performance was a fluke and your average scores surpass that goal some time after that first time breaking the threshold?

I'm most definitely not planning on using my most recent score as an excuse to slow things down, but I also want to know how other people in the community "knew" they had gotten over their humps.