in need of advice - keep or cancel nov. 2023 score + impact of two score cancellations

hannahwagnerhannahwagner Alum Member
edited December 2023 in November 2023 LSAT 11 karma

hi, guys!

if possible, i'm looking for some advice - thank you so much in advance :) i have taken the LSAT four times and canceled one of my scores last october due to extenuating circumstances.

for context: my fourth score, the nov. 2023 LSAT, is much lower (:/) than my highest score and i'm worried would put me in a disadvantageous position considering that i'm applying this application cycle, which i was planning to do in the next couple of days but hadn't expected this. considering that i already have one score cancellation on my record, do you think that also cancelling my nov. 2023 LSAT score would be harmful to my application?

any and all thoughts are appreciated!!!

Comments

• melinaa247melinaa247 Alum Member
    12 karma

Hi! Most law schools tend to only consider (or put the most weight on) your highest score - so I wouldn't worry too much about your November score impacting you negatively. You can double-check that for the schools you are interested in, just for ease of mind.

In terms of cancellation, if you already have one, I would recommend not doing it again. You can always try to explain your circumstances in your personal statement!