Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to go from 169 to 175+ by Feb?

sushirollsushiroll Alum Member
in General 16 karma

Hi everyone! Need some advice here- I took the April '23 LSAT and scored a 169. Took the summer off after graduating and am now back to studying for the Feb '24 LSAT.
For some background: when I 'took' PT 45 in pieces beginning of Oct (taking sections over a few days) I got a 172 (174 BR), now I'm back to PT'ing around high 160s. I've been alternating between drilling and taking sections - should I just stick to drilling? I feel like I have the potential but I'm getting a bit frustrated.
My latest PT was PT 86 (167, 169 BR). -2 LR, -1 LG (-0 BR), -5 RC (-4 BR), and -6 LR (-5 BR). I do have a tutor and we've been working on weaknesses but I want to make sure I'm making the most of my time outside those weekly meetings.
Right now my plan is to drill LR weaknesses (NA, PSAr, Streng, PSAa, SA, MC, Method, Weak, MBF - whew that feels like a lot!), drill LG weaknesses (InoSeq, GrpPure), and slow wayyyyyy down when doing/drilling RC.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be great - thank you!

Comments

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

Once you get into the high 160's it is really hard to make that final jump. I would make sure stamina is not an issue. As taking sections over a few days and adding them for a score does give you ballpark, there is something to be said about doing a full test in sequence. As long as you are studying 2-3 hours a day straight though the score shouldn't fluctuate too much from the real thing.

I would focus most of my time on RC. Getting -4 in BR indicates something is not clicking even under non-timed circumstances. I am working on this same issue!