Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible addendum citing ADHD for unimpressive UGPA?

2mabbys22mabbys2 Free Trial Member
edited December 2023 in Law School Admissions 9 karma

Hey! I didn't get diagnosed with ADHD until my final semester of my undergrad. I graduated with a 3.1 GPA and was wondering if I should write an addendum explaining my diagnosis? My first semester GPA was a 3.0 (took all 100 level classes), second semester GPA 2.6, summer semester GPA 2.8, third semester GPA 2.3, fourth semester GPA 2.7, summer semester GPA 3.1, fifth semester GPA 3.0, sixth semester GPA 3.7, seventh semester GPA 3.6. I also changed my major after my second semester.

Comments

• csearen99csearen99 Live Member
    117 karma

Let me know if you get any advice about this!! I graduated last december with an overall 3.25 and did not even know I had 2 types of ADHD until just a month ago and so I am in the same boat as you!! it is quite frustrating to know this was something that was potentially holding me back from having an excelling GPA for the last 18 years lol. I will admit, I went back and redid my GPA addendas after I got diagnosed and added that to my already submitted applications but I have no idea if it will help or be useful. Since with these addendas they dont want to hear "excuses" rather "accountability".

• PearlyMayPearlyMay Core Member
    edited December 2023 9 karma

If it is was undiagnosed till late in your undergrad it is valid. I am currently taking an open semester just to show improvement now that I am aware. You can do the same with citing your LSAT(probably best to get it as high as possible) showing you can do academic related things easily now that you know your specific issues.

• PearlyMayPearlyMay Core Member
    edited December 2023 9 karma

You can also get someone to help write the explanation so it doesn't come out sounding like an excuse but a reflection on what to do different in law school