Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CC V2 Drill Tool and Question Regarding PTs

JurisDorktorateJurisDorktorate Core Member
edited December 2023 in General 91 karma

I wanted to share an observation and concern that has arisen for me while working through the Core Curriculum Version 2, specifically about the Drill Generator. I'm about 70% complete with the LR section of the Core Curriculum V2. I started after V2 was launched so its my only point of reference for studying with 7Sage. I have, for the most part, generated a drill at the end of each section as outlined in the Core Curriculum to test my understanding of each topic.

After looking at the 'Show Existing Drills' tab of the Drills page, I noticed the drills generated while going through CC have been pulling questions from PTs as high as PT 76. The only way I see to restrict what tests are pulled from is found in the Drills section of the website; I do not see a way to restrict what PTs the Drill Generator pulls from when the Drill is generated in the Core Curriculum part of the site.

My most basic question is what tests should be pristine coming out of the Core Curriculum? I realized today I don't know the answer to this question. Ultimately, it is not that many questions that have been generated off of these tests, but my observation is that it is not intuitive that the drills at the end of each Core Curriculum section are pulling from a large number of tests. By default, the drills in the CCV2 diminish the number of pristine tests available when we complete the curriculum, which seems to be in opposition to major tenet of proper LSAT prep.

Short version - What tests are we supposed to keep pristine while in/coming out of CC? Do you use the drills feature in the CC on the first pass or start drilling after finishing? Is it set up different in V1?

Thanks!