Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My undergrad didn't use a traditional grading scale

I'm in the early stages of studying for the LSAT, and am planning to sit for the Aug 2024 test, to apply to schools for the F25 semester. I am struggling to understand how law schools will evaluate me, and how I'm supposed to report my GPA, because I went to an undergrad where I didn't receive grades. Instead of grades, for every course, I received a narrative evaluation detailing my class participation, the subjects I wrote papers on, my performance on those papers, and my strengths and weaknesses in the class (for better or for worse). In general, I felt my college performance was good, but it's hard to evaluate because it's qualitative data.

I took classes at other colleges in the area, and did receive 5 grades.

Are law schools going to calculate a GPA based off these 5 grades? Does anyone have experience with this topic? Does anyone have any suggestions insofar as who I could reach out to at LSAC or otherwise for answers?

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

LSAC takes your transcripts from every undergraduate institution you attended and combines them into one GPA for you. Not quite sure how they would do it in your case but I would just send them the transcripts and see what happens through CAS.