Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Curriculum LG HELP (necessity im v desperate) !!!

rymertz1rymertz1 Core Member
edited December 2023 in Logic Games 14 karma

for the people who have gone through cc already/ high accumlative score::

when tackling the lessons in cc, what would be the best approach with the games provided as examples. Would it be best to:
try the questions on your own THAN watch through the explanation videos;
work through them simultaneously (doing it at the same time);
or work game one simultaneously, then for the other games in that type try the questions on your own THAN watch through the explanation videos

• how long it may take isnt critical, willing to work for as much time necessary for an 173+ -

i literally just downloaded this for specifically lg and a little bit lost in regards of what method is most rewarding, i am a very visual learner, however i am severely stubborn and insist on always teaching myself material and since i was a kid in gymnastics, have a very hard time - refuse almost, i reject it - allowing others to teach me. but doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, just like einstien said is insanity. ive already done the whole lsat trainer book, when practicing games i rarely miss more than three, but i develop extreme methodological issues when i dont know what the "correct" first step is or if its not being assigned. i have no methods for games rn besides the game board which i feel as thought i am as close as you can get in "mastering" them. even with my my time on exam day, the time i spend wondering how i should start my approach, etc, is where majority of my seconds go.

so swallowing my pride and forcing myself to allow help, which i am doing good so far and havent ran into any rejecting but i am now stuck in a block for the past hours, bc adhd and not knowing the correct first step for a task makes me feel like im walking through cobwebs in minecraft, getting no where. without knowing the correct step to take - however i know in this instance there is no right answer and it is all your personal learning prefs but wont do trial and error without knowing it has worked for someone before - i cant start until i find out what it is, which i have been looking for myself and failed to find for the past hours. which is no surprise i have waited to finally ask for help now at 6 in the morning after searching for 5 hours, my final resort.

i do have severe adhd if you couldnt tell from a one sentence question becoming an essay, if that is important, im open to trying literal anything.

i would literally love nothing more if someone pls gave me any sort of guidance/suggest a plan they used/how to figure out what i should do because adhd and ocd wont let me go to sleep until i figure it out and i am so tired. thank you in advance

Comments

• ELWOODS24ELWOODS24 Live Member
    59 karma

Hey! I also struggle with not knowing where to start and with LG what I've come to is just a very simple, very dirty, just put something on paper. Then, make needed adjustments. There have been multiple games that I've started one way, then ended up switching to diagraming it another way entirely by the time I've finished reading the rules. Stay flexible and remember that everything you're learning is a tool.
    Other than that, I've tried to watch the example for the first game of a type (sequencing, in-out, and grouping) and then for every lesson after that, I attempt it, untimed, on my own, before watching the video. I've found it to be helpful to catch errors that I'm making as I go through the curriculum instead of learning it all, and then attempting the questions. It's just what's worked best for me.
    With unlimited time to study, and the clear commitment and care that you have for this test, I have no doubt you'll end up proud of your results.