Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking July or August LSAT

drew.parsonsdrew.parsons Core Member
in General 6 karma

I'm starting to study now for the LSAT and I'm trying to decide whether to wait until logic games are gone or if I should take it in July. I have consistently been getting about -12 on both the LR and RC, and I heard that logic games are perfectible with practice. I am a math teacher so I think I could be decent at them with time. Any ideas on what I should do?

Comments

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Alum Member
    705 karma

As of yet, LSAC hasn't announced a July test option for 2024. June 2024 will have games. August 2024 will be the first test without games. Best to use the confirmed test dates for planning. Test when you're hitting your target score on multiple PTs. Good luck!

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    473 karma

Try doing LG’s for 1 month straight to see how.quickly you can pick it up. It’s a bunch of learn, practice, rinse and repeat since there are many game types with sequencing and grouping.

After that assessment, you may be able to decide better if you should aim for August or beyond without. Or May or June with games.

• Protas21SavageProtas21Savage Live Member
    102 karma

I just started studying today and am facing the same dilemma, Drew. My plan is to do what equallyyoked said and see how I do on LG to start. I bought LG prep books before I heard about the test change, so I feel you.