Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get faster

tjames40tjames40 Live Member
in General 8 karma

So when I do the drills I am placing around a 159 but my times are disgusting. Anybody have advice on how to get faster?

Comments

• TwentyStarGeneralTwentyStarGeneral Core Member
    edited January 15 110 karma

Getting faster has three parts: (1) using the right technique, (2) practicing that technique to where you are using it correctly and consistently, and (3) building up pattern recognition for the recurring elements on the test (e.g., flaws and types of arguments).

For the first two, pick a good metholody. Then, learn the system for the problem type and apply it through drilling. Review after your drilling, learn from your mistakes, and apply what you learned to more problems. Repeat.

For the third, you need a high volume of practice questions, sections, and tests over an extended period of time.

If you do those things, you will get much more accurate and much faster. Worry about accuracy first though. Only focus on speed when your accuracy is perfect or consistent with your goal.