Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mistake In Law School Application

MontecarloMontecarlo Alum Member

So I applied to a couple local law schools about a month ago and I just realized that I sent my old resume and not my new updated one. The only real change is where I currently work and everything else is relatively the same. I just wanted to be sure if this is ok or should I send it to them as an updated resume? Or should I wait until the decision and then send it to them as an updated resume? The thing is that I stopped working at my previous job in like August and began working at this new place in December. They're both law firm jobs. Someone please let me know how I should handle this? I know it's a minor mistake but still.

Comments

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Alum Member
    374 karma

Can you contact the schools office and ask if you can send an updated one? They should be able to say yes or no.

• mdet2211mdet2211 Live Member
    2 karma

I would contact the admissions office as soon as possible. It is an unfortunate mistake but I think it would look better to take action and take responsibility than to wait.

• glenchen1056glenchen1056 Alum Member
    8 karma

Prepare your updated resume and send an email out to every single school you've applied to so far. I did that and they all accepted my updated resume when I realized it over the new years. For most if not all schools, make sure to send it into their admissions email.

• sarahislamsarahislam Alum Member
    111 karma

Most law schools have a way to for you to send updated materials through a portal or via email. You can just contact them saying you've had a change on your resume and you'd like to send in the new document. This is very normal. I'd do it asap though.