PT13.S2.Q06 - the distance that animals travel each day

SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 1278 karma
I eliminated B and D and chose C. I am really stumped on the reasoning for this. I picked C because I thought the loss of teeth and traveling at the back of the herd could be correlated with: groups they live in-->diets--->size and shapes of face.

Can someone help me understand this reasoning? Please!!?

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    So we know that group size and distance traveled is highly correlated with diets, and diets depend in large part on, or are a function of, teeth/face shape.

Putting these two relationships together, we have enough information to infer that teeth/face shape can provide information about an animals group size/distance traveled (because if the first two are highly correlated, and diet depends on teeth/face size, then the first phenomena is correlated with the last). This is how we end up with answer choice E! Because being a herd animal is a way of saying an animals group size/distance traveled.

C is incorrect because we don't have any information where animals travel in their respective herds. There's no support for a spatial inference like this.

Hope this helps!