Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it too late?!

sam.al-mohamadisam.al-mohamadi Core Member
in General 5 karma

Hello!

I have been considering law for almost 15 years now. I wanted to study political science and then go law school but due to family circumstances, I wasn’t able to. I had to go for civil engineering and get a job right after.

I graduated in 2017 with a civil engineering degree with a GPA of 3.43 from a state school. Worked since 2017 until now and also pursued a masters in engineering management from UCLA with a GPA of 3.85.

I am looking to start studying for the LSAT and hopefully go to law school like I have always wanted. But I am 30 years old now. Which means I will start law school in Fall 2025 and I will be 32 then.

I wonder if I still have a chance.. and if folks have gone through experiences like this. I am looking to push to get into a T14 but not sure if that train has passed for someone like me. I hope my professional of experience of over 6 years along with my science degrees would help.

Would love if folks can share if they went thru something similar. Thanks!

Comments

• alannasanchez94alannasanchez94 Live Member
    17 karma

I don't think its ever too late.Im going to be 30 and if I go to law school I probably will be around 34/35 when I graduate.

• swagofhbswagofhb Alum Member
    11 karma

It's only too late with that attitude. If you give it a 110% and convey how this experience makes you a more competitive candidate in the written part of your application then you are more than qualified!!!

Good Luckkk!!!!! Just study hard for LSAT and get those applications in around Sept-Oct!!!