Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I went from a 145 ---> 160 on actual LSAT

andrewsurfjandrewsurfj Alum Member
in General 30 karma

Appreciation post to 7Sage. Thank you for the platform and the study materials. I started studying back in April 2023 and my first diagnostic was a 145. I was pretty discouraged. This test seems to have a mental component to it that proved to be half the battle for me. After I finished the core curriculum I took the September LSAT without having taken any practice tests prior. I ended up scoring a 149 and felt sorely disappointed. I decided to retake the exam in January. From September to January, I studied my brains out but I also gave myself more time to relax and have fun. I ended up taking 10 practice tests before January. On my last 3 practice tests before I took the actual LSAT I scored 156, 157, and then a 158. I just got my score released today for the January 2024 LSAT and my score came back a 160.

There were times where I thought I would never see myself into the 160's. For anyone who is wondering if they have it within themselves, YOU DO! Practice tests really helped me to get rid of my nerves and also to just get more familiar with the timing. You really can improve as much as you want on this test. So don't give up and keep fighting. Meditate, pray, and relax more! It helped me. But also be prepared to dedicate hours and hours of studying because it took me about 8 months to get to this point. It was all worth it for me though!

Comments

• bythenameoftombythenameoftom Alum Member
    14 karma

That's fantastic!! Congrats!!

• llifenycllifenyc Live Member
    5 karma

I got a 145 right now I'm sooo mad don't know if I should take it again or just apply but happy for you congrats!

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    339 karma

@Andrewsurfj Congrats! you never gave up. ... and @llifenyc keep practicing and take it when your PTs reflect your desired score. It will all work out. Just be patient.