LG Help - Feeling Discouraged

NayNayNuggetNayNayNugget Live Member
in Logic Games 38 karma

I’m trying to understand the methodology of doing a practice set of let’s say 2 games, then doing them the best you can , then watching the video for explanation. I just feel like I’m doing the same thing of struggling through a game , then watching the video , doing the game over and over again until I get all the inferences. But then I try a new set and I feel like I either do ok or I’m back to struggling. I’ve done so much practice I’m sure I still I haven’t seen all the types of games there are? Sometimes the way the games are worded confuses me where I take extra time upfront to understand the rules so I can draw it correctly. I’m at a standstill at this point and I want to get it right. :/

Comments

• andersonolivia276andersonolivia276 Live Member
    24 karma

Hello, my advice is really focus on the small parts before going into games. What I mean is working on the conditional logic and diagrams. Then, slowly build up to the games. You MUST understand the fundamentals! You got this !!!

• wimoeller71wimoeller71 Live Member
    73 karma

It took me a while to get comfortable with games. Like I'm just starting to get them down this week after I started studying in Sept. I took the lsat in Nov and pretty sure I bombed the LG section. The 2 PT's I took this weekend including PT 94 I got -4 and -4 on LG. Its surprisingly turning into my best section. It just takes a while, at least for me. Just keep practicing, doing 2 games a day is good, you'll start to get better it just takes a while for some us.

• ronnie.ronaldson49ronnie.ronaldson49 Core Member
    19 karma

I also recommend doing the 7 sage curriculum. I didn't find the curriculum for LR or RC as good, and just pick and chose weak spots since I thought the prep books were more thorough. However, for LG, what I learned from prepbooks (specifically LSAT Trainer) felt pointless, so I did almost all of the 7sage curriculum from the very beginning. This website is known for how well it teaches games, and I feel like doing their curriculum is quite helpful- it goes through each type of game and breaks down how to go about it. This helped me a lot, because before that, I was just doing something similar to you.