Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling like nothing clicks

Devbot LSATDevbot LSAT Core Member
in General 20 karma

I have no idea what happened. I have been studying for months and have had regular ups and downs. A week ago, I was the most confident I have ever been. I felt like I was getting everything right, and it was all making sense to me. I don't know what has changed, but I suddenly don't understand anything. Like, I can't even diagram basic lawgic anymore when just a week ago it seemed like second nature. I am now missing questions that I have never missed and am feeling like I am taking huge steps backwards. Wondering if anyone else has felt something similar and how you got back to feeling confident and competent.

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

It sounds like a burn out. You may need to take some time off and then get back to it.

• cdot9000cdot9000 Core Member
    37 karma

I have been there. I found that when I get confident about something, I tend to assume I may have mastered it & fail to consistently review. Something I have found helpful in my studying is reviewing the previous material before I move on to the next (usually new day --> new review)

This isn'f a for sure solution, but it has helped me.

• sabbyhowsabbyhow Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Registration for the JD Next is available!

• SLODHILL-1-1-1-1-1-1SLODHILL-1-1-1-1-1-1 Core Member
    120 karma

@sabbyhow is there a way to find out which law schools are actually accepting the JD Next? I am super interested in registering. Thanks for sharing!

• sarahislamsarahislam Alum Member
    111 karma

Take a break. Its harder to detect mental fatigue than ohysical fatigue. If I studied too much I always started performing worse on my PTs. If you have been studying nonstop for awhile, take a 3 or 4 day break.