Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking LSAT with Accommodations at Test Center

PenbridgePenbridge Alum Member
edited February 6 in General 55 karma

Hello All,
Can anyone speak to whether you chose to use your testing accommodation or not when taking the LSAT? And do you feel it is a hindrance to use it when taking the test in a testing center vs compute test at home?
I’m asking because I took one test and I did not use my usual testing accommodations . And then I took the next one at a test site and used my accommodations. To my dismay I did 11 points worse than I did when I tested without my accommodations. Also the test site was very noisy and disorganized which I reported to LSAC. I’m just trying to figure out if I should no longer use my accommodations. It felt like it was a situation that culminated into me doing worse and I felt I was treated differently - myself and another test taker who also had accommodation. We had to wait an hour to start our test and that caused a lot of anxiety at least for me. Thank you.

Comments

• sarahislamsarahislam Alum Member
    116 karma

I am really sorry to hear this, that sounds terrible. I think it probably depends on your situation and specific accommodations? I personally had a much worse experience online /at home test than I did at a test center, but the test center in our city is very quiet, empty, and run by some very kind elderly women :-). My online exam disconnected more than once and several proctors would log on at once and talk out loud to eachother,creating a huge distraction. The online proctor gave me only two options: 1) stay in the exam with the significantly reduced time (I lost 15 min of test time due to proctor error) or 2) cancel my entire test with the implication that it would count against my LSAT count. I never took the online /at home testing option after that.

• PenbridgePenbridge Alum Member
    55 karma

@sarahislam Thank you for responding. I'm sorry you had to cancel due to online issue. That happened to me last Fall. We will persevere. Good luck to you.

• markmywordsmarkmywords Alum Member
    292 karma

It seems like there are too many variables to say for sure if the 11 points can be attributed to your used of accommodations or not. It definitely takes getting used to taking at the testing center. Have you taken PT's with and without accommodations to try to determine if they're helpful or not? I'm assuming you're referring to time accommodations?

• PenbridgePenbridge Alum Member
    55 karma

@markmywords said:

It seems like there are too many variables to say for sure if the 11 points can be attributed to your used of accommodations or not. It definitely takes getting used to taking at the testing center. Have you taken PT's with and without accommodations to try to determine if they're helpful or not? I'm assuming you're referring to time accommodations?

Yes time accommodations. No I have only taken PT's without.