Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fresh Eyes

ao4411ao4411 Core Member
in General 18 karma

When I make a mistake on logical reasoning, it seems to have to do with having misread something in the stimulus or answer choice. For example, reading "apples" instead of "some apples". There's a warning this has happened because none of the answer choices seem to make sense. The problem is when I go back to reread the passage and answers, I tend to make the same reading mistake again. However, when I reread the question the next day the mistake tends to be gone. Its almost like I'm temporarily stuck and I need to reboot somehow.

Has anyone experienced this and do you have any advice?

Comments

• HelLSat-0HelLSat-0 Core Member
    88 karma

LSAT writers are very good at verbal trickery. They deliberately add or subtract modifiers in certain spots and sometimes one small modifier, one singular word, is the only reason a given answer choice isn't the correct answer. Watching JY in explanation, I noticed that he puts his pencil/cursor over each word as he reads the stimulus and each answer choice. Since using that technique myself, I find I rarely misread because I'm forcing myself to "touch" each word instead of glossing over a sentence trying to just get the gist. Ironically, such fast paced reading ends up costing more time and accuracy because, as you pointed out, people miss crucial words like "some" or "several".