Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realistically, how much can i improve my score? (148)

jlaura533jlaura533 Core Member
in General 5 karma

I plan on taking the lsat in June 2024 and was aiming to get high 150s/low 160s. I took my first PT in february before I started studying and got a 143. I took it again this month (march) after 45 hours of studying and got a 148. I am discouraged by my recent score. Can I realistically increase my score to a 160 in 2.5 months? I know that hours don't necessarily convert to points but how many hours would you estimate it would take? Any tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• rohannigamrohannigam Core Member
    edited March 15 25 karma

Maybe! It depends on what are you struggling with. Is it timing or you having issues grasping the argument? For example, I took my first practice test in June 2023 and I got a 149. Fast forward to Feb 2024 LSAT, I got a 152 despite the fact that I knew more in Feb compared to last June. I had issues with timing on the real exam because I ran out of time before I could get to all the questions. After the last LSAT, I took several untimed practice LSATs and I consistently scored around high 160 to low 170s. Now I am teaching myself shorts cuts on how to quicky approach different question types. After 3 weeks, I am scoring around 162-165 under timed conditions. I suggest reflecting after each practice test and drills you do if you are having issues with questions itself rather than timing. Try to take a note of which question (depending on the sections) types are giving you a hard time and keep drilling until you score a 100%. I highly recommend keeping a journal where you record why you missed that question and how to identify the right answer next time. Sorry about the long rant but bottom line is that you need to identify what you're struggling with and go on from there!