Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need ur two cents!

gkim55593gkim55593 Core Member
edited March 23 in General 17 karma

Hey guys,

I am so sorry to post this silly question but I would be super thankful if you give me a short answer to this.
I just really like to canvass ur opinion on this issue. Is it wrong to say that "the downside of human intelligence" or "the downside of having human intelligence" instead of the dark side of human intelligence? Does that sound awkward to u even when I am simply referring to the negative aspect of that endowment? By doing so, I am not talking about the moral perversion. For instance, by being equipped with human intelligence, one could be cunning and calculating, driven by his/her needs. This acumen could sometimes hinder us from developing any unconditional/trust-based relationship with others. Then, what was supposed to serve us positively does a disservice to our welfare against our will. Is it really improper for me to depict its negative effect without resorting to the evil genius in the realm of philosophy? What I want to say is that there could be some cumbersome issues arising from this faculty. Meanwhile, I would like to distinguish the inconveniences from the out-and-out moral failures like crime. I think there could exist some of the attributes that do not promote our well-being while they do not necessarily cross their paths with the humanity's seedy underbelly. what are ur thoughts on this? Forgive me for posing this moronic question.

Comments

• gkim55593gkim55593 Core Member
    17 karma

How about this? Since we have our functioning pre-frontal cortex which helps us to think prudently and plan ahead, we can brave ourselves for unforeseen dangers in the future. But this could backfire on us. What if my providence prevents me from living the moment to the fullest by making me a worrywart? What if those buggy gadflies hover around me to the point of gnawing at my spiritual wellness? What if those worries keep me up at night as I am tossing and turning all night? Though I want to keep them at bay, I cannot do so. In this case, can I call this "the downside of human intelligence"?

• 120392054902912120392054902912 Core Member
    88 karma

Ignorance is not bliss.