Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone taken exam with accomodations?

natalieclairenatalieclaire Core Member
in General 10 karma

hi everyone! just wondering if anyone who has taken lsat with extra time or extended break accommodations can speak to if they were placed in a separate room with their own proctor? and if they had to check in with the test site prior to testing or if just being approved by lsac and showing up is enough. thank you!

Comments

• CapreolinaeCapreolinae Live Member
    4 karma

When I got my accommodations approved for extra time and a few other things it said I had to take the test remotely. When I chose the day and time for the test, it showed my extra time on there (I asked for 100% extra time which makes it an 8 hr day!!)

• SeraephinaSeraephina Live Member
    130 karma

same boat but i heard that we don't need to use all 8 hours.

• Rivea075Rivea075 Core Member
    20 karma

@fawndietz said:
    When I got my accommodations approved for extra time and a few other things it said I had to take the test remotely. When I chose the day and time for the test, it showed my extra time on there (I asked for 100% extra time which makes it an 8 hr day!!)

Out of curiosity, why is it an 8-hour day with accommodations? I'm aware that 100% extra time is 70 minutes per section, which would amount to 4 hours and 40 minutes since there are four sections. Where does the rest of the time go? I'm asking because this is my first time taking the LSAT with similar accommodations and want to know what to expect on that day. Thank for your response.

• 71 karma

@Rivea075 said:

@fawndietz said:

Out of curiosity, why is it an 8-hour day with accommodations? I'm aware that 100% extra time is 70 minutes per section, which would amount to 4 hours and 40 minutes since there are four sections. Where does the rest of the time go? I'm asking because this is my first time taking the LSAT with similar accommodations and want to know what to expect on that day. Thank for your response.

Curious about this too - maybe breaks in between sections in addition to extra time? Can someone clarify? :)

• saraensimpsonsaraensimpson Core Member
    97 karma

8 hours?? that's wilddddd

• saraensimpsonsaraensimpson Core Member
    97 karma

@scaredlawschoolapplicant said:

@Rivea075 said:

@fawndietz said:

Curious about this too - maybe breaks in between sections in addition to extra time? Can someone clarify? :)

I know they don't give you extra breaks, that a different accommodation that would have to be requested

• PenbridgePenbridge Core Member
    edited April 2 55 karma

@Rivea075 said:

@fawndietz said:

Honestly, you may find that you need all of that time. Between your break, note taking, and just reading and analyzing everything, you need the time. And amazingly the time goes.