How to better gauge what questions to flag? (Overconfidence/underconfidence)

catbellycatbelly Core Member
edited March 31 in General 202 karma

Currently, I am leaving a lot of questions on the table during BR because of my overconfidence errors (I'm not flagging questions that I ultimately get wrong). How do you correct overconfidence errors? I feel like it's difficult because you don't even know that you're committing an overconfidence error (you think you understand the stimulus and the answer, so why would you question it?).

Because of this, I'm not seeing much of a score increase between my actual score and my BR score. Help!

Comments

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Alum Member
    682 karma

I suggest taking a deeper look at those questions. Maybe you're falling for trap answers. Analyze why you found the wrong answer you chose attractive and why the right answer was not as attractive. Write out your thought process for the stimulus and the answer choices. Then compare your thinking to official explanations. I often find it helpful to look at multiple explanations from official test prep companies to illuminate what I missed. Time and effort spent reviewing just one question can be well worth it. You can learn a lot from these questions you're missing. In addition to explanations here, you can make use of https://180pedia.com/ to find additional explanations quickly.