Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Peaked and declining…

lilyssssslilysssss Alum Member
in General 8 karma

On full PTs, I scored a 178 and 179 in my PTs and then was scoring slightly lower at 173-176, but now I’ve scored 172 twice in a row. I can see I’m capable of that near perfect score, but now I am worried about the recent decline especially as I get close to the April test date.

For the entire time, I’ve been taking a full PT and blind reviewing on weekends and taking 1-2 sections on weekdays to take 2-3 tests a week.

Has anyone else experienced similar score declines and how did you combat them?

Comments

• grahamodell972grahamodell972 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

geometry dash world said:
    On full PTs, I scored a 178 and 179 in my PTs and then was scoring slightly lower at 173-> 176, but now I’ve scored 172 twice in a row. I can see I’m capable of that near perfect score, but now I am worried about the recent decline especially as I get close to the April test date.
    For the entire time, I’ve been taking a full PT and blind reviewing on weekends and taking > 1-2 sections on weekdays to take 2-3 tests a week.

Regular exercise, proper nutrition, and adequate sleep can significantly affect cognitive function and test performance.

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Alum Member
    694 karma

You're doing a lot of PTs. PT scores often aren't linear. Focus on your average score. There's a reason LSAC includes a score band when reporting LSAT scores. It's hard to hide your weaknesses across multiple PTs. Your scores reflect this. You're clearly doing well, so focus more on the individual questions you're missing and why you're missing them. Maybe dig deeper instead of just jumping to another PT.

• sarahislamsarahislam Alum Member
    116 karma

@lilysssss said:
    On full PTs, I scored a 178 and 179 in my PTs and then was scoring slightly lower at 173-176, but now I’ve scored 172 twice in a row. I can see I’m capable of that near perfect score, but now I am worried about the recent decline especially as I get close to the April test date.

For the entire time, I’ve been taking a full PT and blind reviewing on weekends and taking 1-2 sections on weekdays to take 2-3 tests a week.

I agree with both of the above answers. Mental fatigue is huge as deterrent on the lsat. My scores have varied as much as 8 points based on sleep/water/nutrition. Also in the 171+ range it just takes getting one or two more questions right/wrong for a huge score difference so you really want to hone in on what types of questions you are gettjng wrong and practice those.

• wimoeller71wimoeller71 Alum Member
    79 karma

You scored a 178 and a 179 on your first PT's and then 173-176, and the last 2 have been 172? How many have you been total PT's have you took? Like others said a break can help. Sometimes when people come back from a break they score higher

• pmcoyne1pmcoyne1 Live Member
    8 karma

Need a break? Take it (seriously)! Anecdotally, I hit a major decline after my first 170 (170-164-162-159-170) but recovered within 2 weeks by taking 3-4 days completely off to go skiing. Also, as another commenter suggested: focus on nutrition and specifically hydration. Drink a lot of water. I've found it more important than getting 8 hours sleep to reach peak performance.