Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April LSAT Writing Sample

I am DavisI am Davis Core Member
in General 76 karma

Hey everybody!

I'm sure many of you just got the email regarding the writing sample opening tomorrow. Does anybody have any thoughts, advice, etc. on completing this? I felt as though the email could have included a bit more information.

Specifically I am wondering how much time I should allot since it seems like we have to complete it in one go once we launch the session. Also, I am wondering how much of an impact overall this has on your test results considering it is not scored.

Any general advice from people who have completed this before would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck to everybody taking the test in less than 2 weeks!

Comments

• mahek001mahek001 Live Member
    12 karma

Hi! I'm a first timer taking it and I found the writing lessons in the core curriculum very helpful- they give advice on how to structure your sample. I have also listened to a few podcasts that have helped and eased my mind somewhat. You have 35 minutes to complete it once you are in the session, it will automatically stop at 35 minutes. I am planning to put aside 45 min/hour to complete it; with check-in, security screening and all.
    From my understanding, schools will look at it to see how you are able to defend your choice in a short amount of time. Hope this helps and good luck!

• I am DavisI am Davis Core Member
    76 karma

@mahekmallik01 Thanks for your reply! This is very helpful. Best of luck to you as well!