Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing Sample

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma
I am just curious, how will law schools view this? I know it is unscored but is it taken into consideration at all?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @combsni said:
    but is it taken into consideration at all?
    Not much. Adcomms are aware the WS is written right after taking 5 gruesome LSAT sections. Some are even convinced the WS is never looked at lol, I find this would correlate more with T-14s, though. Who knows. Anyway, don't worry too much about the WS if you've given it your best shot.
  • S.P. 170S.P. 170 Alum Member
    188 karma
    My thoughts? Why would they look at your writing sample when they have your personal statement?
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited December 2016 821 karma
    @"S.P. 170" said:
    My thoughts? Why would they look at your writing sample when they have your personal statement?
    I think the idea is that the writing sample is an example of a) your writing under pressure (vs. having lots of time to review your PS) and b) your argumentative skills on an issue that you were just presented with/probably don't have a previous opinion on.

But yeah, like someone else said, I don't think the WS really matters all that much, unless you totally tanked it or something.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Just don't be an idiot and not do it or offer three total sentences to the prompt. That's just douche-baggy and disrespectful. I imagine any admissions counselors who happen to notice that will think likewise.

This seems like silly advice, but I actually saw people do this on test day. And the look on their faces made it obvious that they all thought they were so cool.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Omg @danielznelson lol "look at me I'm potentially ruining my chances of admission into law school I'm SO COOL"
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Not much. Adcomms are aware the WS is written right after taking 5 gruesome LSAT sections. Some are even convinced the WS is never looked at lol, I find this would correlate more with T-14s, though. Who knows. Anyway, don't worry too much about the WS if you've given it your best shot.
    Pretty much, this. The advice that I have always been given is as follows, "Don't study for it, but don't blow it off." As far as I can tell, law schools understand that you're dead tired by the time that you reach section 6, and just want to go home and sleep. But they're also not going to see you in a positive light if you decide to blow off the written section, or not take it seriously.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @montaha.rizeq That might as well have been their mentality. FOOLS!!