Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take in June or August

rebeccamarie623rebeccamarie623 Core Member
in Logic Games 10 karma

I am consistently not finishing the LG section when I take timed PT. I've been having 6-7 questions I do not get to before time runs out. However, when I BR I get a -0 on LG. Should I continue studying LG with the goal of increasing my speed to take the June exam? Or, do I just give up on LG and focus my attention on RC and LR and wait for the August Exam?

Comments

• brijstewartbrijstewart Core Member
    13 karma

LG has two advantages over the other sections: it is the most learnable and the most consistent. Once you "get" LG, it is not difficult to consistently get -0/-1 because all the questions on each game are connected together. If you did the inferences properly, your odds of getting all the questions right are very high. On LR and RC will have a bigger range because the questions are less related. 7sage's program for LG is also excellent. If I were you, I'd plan to take the June exam and practice LG a ton. Redo sections until they're within 1 minute of the target time. It is way more fun to take new sections, but it is far more important to get within time.

I personally started out worst on LG and RC (5-8 wrong) and LR was my strongest (3-5 wrong). My last 9 PTs have been all perfect on LG, 0 to 4 wrong on RC and 0 to 3 wrong on LR.

You will also be able to retake in August if you don't feel good about your June score. That being said, I don't know your strengths or your goals. If you need a lot of time to practice your other sections, just focusing on LR and RC for August will give you more time and less to focus on.

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Live Member
    649 karma

If you haven't taken the LSAT format without the LG section, I suggest doing that. Seeing your score with LR, LR, RC might help you feel more comfortable making a decision. Just based on how many you're missing in LG now, I say plan to take June. Then retake if you're not happy with your score.

• Alexis S.Alexis S. Core Member
    8 karma

This is my exact situation!

• morganawhitelawmorganawhitelaw Core Member
    edited April 15 26 karma

You should take both. June comes with a built-in and highly plausible addendum statement that:

"Given the LSAT was going to change fundamentally starting in the August tests, I was concerned the value of an LSAT score to Law Schools may change in ways that are unpredictable. Therefore, I rushed to take the last LSAT that Law Schools understand the value of despite not having had as much study time as I would have otherwise liked. After getting a score below what I was hoping for, I took the additional time to study and retest despite the uncertainty surrounding the new LSAT."

No reason to not go for it!