Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Give Up (145 > 170 in three years)

DJWhiteRiceDJWhiteRice Core Member
edited May 6 in General 21 karma

Hi 7Sagers-- I'm sharing my story in case it helps with others gritting their teeth to push past plateaus, crushed by the weight of their own expectations. Since I was a kid, it has always been my dream to become an attorney. But I paused that dream after college in order to enter the workforce and financially provide for my family. Like many of you, this test terrified me. I took my diagnostic and scored a 145. But deep down, I knew I wanted a 170. I read many online forums that claimed that such a score jump is impossible.

I worked long hours with multiple jobs and I barely had time to sleep. The routine of working full time, studying at night, and maintaining my mental and physical health was a Herculean effort. I took two different courses, eventually landing on the holy grail of 7Sage. But my PT scores were erratic, often plummeting down along with my confidence and self-worth. I scoffed at stories of people suggesting that 3-6 months of studying was enough. Two years have passed for me and I only increased 10-15 points.

With the help of 7Sage tutors, I scored a 166. I jumped up and down in joy. But every time I hit the ground, I felt in my stomach that I wasn't done. I felt as if I didn't reach my goal of 170, I won't be able to face my other ambitious, nearly-impossible career goals. I must defeat this last boss monster in front of me. I must push this Sisyphean boulder past this mountain slope, no matter how many times I fall.

I was tired. I hated this test. I made a hard decision to defer law school for another year even though I was nearly five years past undergrad. But I took a four month break from the test. Refreshed, I began studying for several more months. This April, I finally got the 170. Three years of infinite drilling, crying at the desk, saying 'no' to friends, all paid off.

Please don't give up. Take a break. Come back. Don't rush the process.

You are Sisyphus. Except in this story, the boulder will fall over the mountain.

Comments

• hendrickshendricks Live Member
    358 karma

Wow. I needed to read this - it gives me life. We've never met, but you're one of my favorite people lol. I have so much respect for the folks who have to put in a little more time to get to where they want to go. It's a rare quality and it shows character.

Enjoy this achievement, man. You earned it. Nobody can take it away.

• missjurisdocmissjurisdoc Live Member
    675 karma

Thanks so much for this!! I too really needed to see this message today😭🙏🥂

• LarisaaaLarisaaa Live Member
    61 karma

I love this but the 3 years part scares me ahhhh.

• dijonmustarddijonmustard Core Member
    edited May 6 4 karma

This gave me hope. Thank you for sharing your story.

• Alexis S.Alexis S. Core Member
    14 karma

Thank you for this!

• cafetero23cafetero23 Live Member
    54 karma

Thank you for sharing your story. I have been studying for over a year now and haven't felt like I have move forward but this gives me some hope!

• adnaan.ghulamadnaan.ghulam Alum Member
    6 karma

Amazing achievement ! You deserve it 1000%
    I hope that you will get admitted into the law school of your dreams. Again, truly inspirational ! You are going to make one heck of a lawyer !

• CarterDaiCarterDai Core Member
    24 karma

This is an amazing story and congrats !!!

• Baloch1996-1Baloch1996-1 Live Member
    46 karma

Impressive! Congrates, and thanks for sharing. In my own experience, I can attest with full confidence that 7sage is the best prep course.

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Core Member
    67 karma

Hail the conquering hero. Good luck this admission cycle!

• PenbridgePenbridge Core Member
    48 karma

@DJWhiteRice said:
    Hi 7Sagers-- I'm sharing my story in case it helps with others gritting their teeth to push past plateaus, crushed by the weight of their own expectations. Since I was a kid, it has always been my dream to become an attorney. But I paused that dream after college in order to enter the workforce and financially provide for my family. Like many of you, this test terrified me. I took my diagnostic and scored a 145. But deep down, I knew I wanted a 170. I read many online forums that claimed that such a score jump is impossible.

I worked long hours with multiple jobs and I barely had time to sleep. The routine of working full time, studying at night, and maintaining my mental and physical health was a Herculean effort. I took two different courses, eventually landing on the holy grail of 7Sage. But my PT scores were erratic, often plummeting down along with my confidence and self-worth. I scoffed at stories of people suggesting that 3-6 months of studying was enough. Two years have passed for me and I only increased 10-15 points.

With the help of 7Sage tutors, I scored a 166. I jumped up and down in joy. But every time I hit the ground, I felt in my stomach that I wasn't done. I felt as if I didn't reach my goal of 170, I won't be able to face my other ambitious, nearly-impossible career goals. I must defeat this last boss monster in front of me. I must push this Sisyphean boulder past this mountain slope, no matter how many times I fall.

I was tired. I hated this test. I made a hard decision to defer law school for another year even though I was nearly five years past undergrad. But I took a four month break from the test. Refreshed, I began studying for several more months. This April, I finally got the 170. Three years of infinite drilling, crying at the desk, saying 'no' to friends, all paid off.

Please don't give up. Take a break. Come back. Don't rush the process.

You are Sisyphus. Except in this story, the boulder will fall over the mountain.

This is amazing and you truly give me hope! Congrats for your well earned accomplishment! It’s the hero’s journey!