Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Give Up!

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

Hi everyone,

If you've been following my struggle you will know I got pretty faint of heart recently when I took a timed LR at 30% done with the course and received -11. I just finished up the LR section of the CC (Around the mid 60% of CC) just to see if there was a difference. I got -3. A few of the questions I had seen before and I got a -3. I literally cried in the Starbucks. So the moral of the story is do not give up - YOU CAN AND WILL GET BETTER.

Also, super shout out to everyone who was super encouraging and gave great advice.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I won't let the LSAT break me :')

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2017 13286 karma
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

If you've been following my struggle you will know I got pretty faint of heart recently when I took a timed LR at 30% done with the course and received -11. I just finished up the LR section of the CC (Around the mid 60% of CC) just to see if there was a difference. I got -3. A few of the questions I had seen before and I got a -3. I literally cried in the Starbucks. So the moral of the story is do not give up - YOU CAN AND WILL GET BETTER.

Also, super shout out to everyone who was super encouraging and gave great advice.

:smile: That makes me so happy to hear! Nothing feels better than the feeling of awesome improvement on this test. Thanks for the extra motivation to keep me going on this lonely Saturday night prepping.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

That's what I like to hear! Congrats on the progress!!!

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@Freddy_D said:

I truly never thought I would get a -3, let alone anything under a -6 in all honesty! It's so exciting to see hard work paying off. I truly doubt I will see it again any time soon, but it's heart warming to know it's possible.

776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

:smile: That makes me so happy to hear! Nothing feels better than the feeling of awesome improvement on this test. Thanks for the extra motivation to keep me going on this lonely Saturday night prepping.

I genuinely freaked out - like I felt like I was coasting but I figured it was a fluke! There should be a Saturday Night LSAT Study Chatroom in all honesty. Misery loves company.

776 karma

Exactly. I danced all the way to the wine bottle.

776 karma

@TheMikey said:

We need to make this into a T-Shirt.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

I genuinely freaked out - like I felt like I was coasting but I figured it was a fluke! There should be a Saturday Night LSAT Study Chatroom in all honesty. Misery loves company.

Haha, right? I am so down for that lol

13286 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@Freddy_D said:

I truly never thought I would get a -3, let alone anything under a -6 in all honesty! It's so exciting to see hard work paying off. I truly doubt I will see it again any time soon, but it's heart warming to know it's possible.

Expect more, honestly. I just got my first -0 on a LR the other day. After the same kind of improvement you saw. Keep up the good practice and the -3 will come more, and more often.

776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

If you find one please let me know! I think it would be the perfect reward for the Saturday Night studiers.

776 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@Victoria14 said:

@Freddy_D said:

Expect more, honestly. I just got my first -0 on a LR the other day. After the same kind of improvement you saw. Keep up the good practice and the -3 will come more, and more often.

I swear you are my goal in life. I also think that i won't be seeing a -3 tonight or anything better because I might have drank too much wine. I haven't drank since I really cracked down on studying but a -3 called for celebration. Looks like I've become a light weight lol.

LSATsideeffects

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

If you find one please let me know! I think it would be the perfect reward for the Saturday Night studiers.

I'll PM you the link to my Discord where I and some of my fellow LSATers hang out... It's not a perfect reward, but it's better than nothing, haha.

4196 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@TheMikey said:

YESSS

I like snapbacks, so perhaps those too?

776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

I'll PM you the link to my Discord where I and some of my fellow LSATers hang out... It's not a perfect reward, but it's better than nothing, haha.

I'll take it! I also vow to not go in it until i'm sober lol

776 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Victoria14 said:

@TheMikey said:

YESSS

Yes please! Maybe we could convince 7sage to sell them in their product line up?

13286 karma

@Victoria14

Haha rn I spend half my time on this form, half my time studying and a third half of my time sleeping. That's literally my life, I think you're doing better than I am.

Even at work I refresh this website and Reddit because I'm obsessed with LSAT...

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    edited August 2017 2983 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@TheMikey said:

@Victoria14 said:

@TheMikey said:

YESSS

Yes please! Maybe we could convince 7sage to sell them in their product line up?

I'm down to be a brand ambassador for 7sage merch.

776 karma

@LSATcantwin I'm laying in bed with a bottle of wine and prep test that i'm trying to work through. Surprisingly, not doing too bad considering I'm mildly tipsy.

You are also getting a phenomenal score and I just keep sitting here thinking about how I will never break 154. Which is sad.

I should stop drinking wine.

edited August 2017 4196 karma

7sage swag packs:

Pack 1: 7sage shirt, 7sage hoodie, 7sage snapback, and Ultimate+

edited August 2017 13286 karma

@Victoria14

Don't get down! I've been with this test for over a YEAR. I started at 150, and it's taken me this long to break into the 170's and I'm still not even doing that consistently enough.

You've got the time, and the drive. This test will bend its knee (any game of thrones fans?) to you eventually.

And wine is good for the heart!

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    @Victoria14

Don't get down! I've been with this test for a over a YEAR. I started at 150, and it's taken me this long to break into the 170's and I'm still not even doing that consistently enough.

You've got the time, and the drive. This test will bend its knee (any game of thrones fans?) to you eventually.

And wine is good for the heart!

+1

Been at this BS for over a year and a half and just recently broke into the 170s. It takes more time for some than it does for others. As long as you want to do well, you must put the work in even if it feels like you're heading no where. I felt like I wasn't improving for shit for a while, and there were times I felt like I was just going to say screw it and apply to whatever schools with the score I already have but if you really want something, you have to work for it!