Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't give up!!

lenelson2lenelson2 Member
edited June 2016 in General 523 karma

Comments

• Artwork94Artwork94 Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    THANK U! U JUST INSPIRED ME
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    Great post! I commend you on your self awareness and recognition of what it takes to be successful at this thing.
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    You totally got this artwork 94...I hit the burnout yesterday after studying 6 hours so it's a constant struggle, but as long as you are real with your strengths and weaknesses, you got it. Stay strong.

Thank you GSU Hopeful:)
    140 karma
    Yeah, its hard going at it for 6 months and bombing october and finding the strength to keep at it.
    140 karma
    Also, I know the foolproof method/doing them multiple times is suppose to help with LG, but what else is there to do? I can't seem to budge on them :/
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Artwork94 said:
    Yeah, its hard going at it for 6 months and bombing october and finding the strength to keep at it.
    A lot of folks study for well over a year and underperform on their first take.
    140 karma
    Lol that makes me feel a bit better...
    1644 karma
    @Artwork94 said:
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    -Winston Churchill
    140 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful"

Very true :) A positive mindset can go a long way
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" said:
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    -Winston Churchill
    love this!!!
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" yes! I came across this quote reading the economist espresso and it has served me well!
    1644 karma
    @nordeend Its a good one. I actually came across it while listening to a speech by Les Brown.
  • nordeendnordeend Alum Member
    349 karma
    @"GSU Hopeful" "success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." Is another good one by him.
  • lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    artwork 94, do you have the lsat trainer? That's what changed my life for LG. Literally. 2 weeks after doing the trainer LG problems just started to flow. Continue to do fool proof, but to be honest if you are still struggling..it might be some fundamental stuff. Which is totally cool because that's my problem for most of the problems I get wrong... But I'm still so new at this so definitely search around for other advice. Stay strong
  • Elle2015Elle2015 Alum Member
    198 karma
    @lenelson2 What a nice post. I'm glad that studying is going well for you. :)

@Artwork94 LG was (and perhaps still is) my worst section, but I've made significant progress with it. I miss key inferences and misread things when I'm rushing or panicked, so even though this sounds counter-intuitive, it probably won't hurt you to slow down a bit to make sure that you give yourself enough time to read the rules correctly. Along with that, having a positive mindset and psyching yourself up should help. Those things aside, it may also help to do a TON of LG games, so if you don't have all of the PTs, consider PowerScore's LSAT game type training books (which have all the games from PTs 1-40). Don't complete the games in the order that the books give them. Instead, do all of the games for one PT together, blind review, and use the foolproof method.
    140 karma
    @lenelson2
    I have the trainer, and I feel like I know how to recognize games and make diagrams quickly, its just once the time pressure is on, It takes me so long to answer the questions.... I don't "see" the correct answer by looking at choices and most of the time have to brute force down the list
    Thanks! Im going to work hard, and put 100% in and what happens, happens

@Elle2015
    Yes, I agree. Someone else also recommended slowing down to make key inferences come easier. And I have access to soo many practice tests! and the Power Score book too.
    But as I mentioned, I really do think I have a good grasp on diagramming... and can probably get most easy/medium games right when I'm untimed, I just don't know how to do it while timed