Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When should I take the diagnostic test?

alexbauman22alexbauman22 Live Member
in General 12 karma

So, I am starting 7Sage today. I plan to take the LSAT in January (giving myself enough time to study) for around 6 hours weekly. I have ADHD, so I was planning on using the study schedule that 7Sage can make for the added structure. I don't see a diagnostic test on there. I found the link, but should I hold off on it? I do want to know my baseline and what my natural strengths are, but I've never been great at taking standardized tests, and I am worried that if I get a low score, I will be discouraged.

Comments

• rimtshumanrimtshuman Core Member
    18 karma

I don't think there's any specific right and wrong time to know where you are.
    I would suggest just taking it in the beginning of course, going through the syllabus schedule, and just using that first score as a form of measurement going forward. Don't stress the numbers in the beginning, focus on the big picture. I am the same way.. had to teach myself to not be so hard on myself.

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    126 karma

I echo what rimtshuman said. It can be fun and rewarding to take it before you know anything about the test and then see how your score rises from your diagnostic.

In addition I will say that after you take that diagnostic, I would not take any more practice tests until you have at least gone through the entire core curriculum, and preferably have had some time to sit with it and really digest it. It may seem like 94 tests worth of material is a lot, but trust me, it can get eaten up pretty quickly if you're not careful.

• alexbauman22alexbauman22 Live Member
    12 karma

So I just took it. I got 35 questions correct, but I'm not sure of my score because I accidentally skipped the anonymous review