Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score not increasing

NarinkaGNarinkaG Core Member
in General 8 karma

Hi all,

I have been studying for 2 months now and my score has not been all over the place it seems from between 145-148. Any advice on how I can change my studying to get to my goal score 160 by October. As of right now I just started using 7sage and I am going through the curriculum and have taken two exams averaging a 148. I just feel stuck and overwhelmed.

Comments

• bk2946abk2946a Core Member
    15 karma

I have also dealt with the feeling of being stuck a lot. Best advice is to be patient with yourself and of course practice. If you've just started using 7sage though it will take time.

• reece.colinreece.colin Live Member
    13 karma

Progress isn't linear!
    The exams you've taken might just have really tough questions for certain question types, and easier question for other question types.
    Just keep going through the curriculum and trying hard.
    You got this!!

• nicholas.leon96nicholas.leon96 Alum Member
    171 karma

As reece said, the core curriculum is probably the best place you can look to make progress at these early stages. Clamping down on JYs lessons is the best way to maximize your beginner gains.
    Also as they said, progress is not linear. That's not just something people say to make themselves feel good, it's one of the coldest hardest facts about studying for the LSAT. The best remedy to this is consistency. Study frequently and intensely (intensity does not equal duration). Make sure your study schedule is one that you can maintain. 7Sage tutors always use the example that it's better to study for 30 minutes every night than to binge study 8 hours but only 1 day a week.
    Do not neglect your needs and responsibilities, talk to/spend time with your friends or family, eat healthy, and exercise regularly.
    Try to take your mind off this deadline you've set yourself. I did a similar thing last year and it played havoc with my ability to take the test on test day. It's just pressure you're placing on yourself. It's giving yourself a handicap before you even step into the ring with LSAC.
    What would be even better is if you could delay that deadline, but of course you have your own goals struggles and realities so that may not be viable, but the conventional wisdom is you shouldn't take the test until you are consistently scoring above your goal score.

• yhtkimyhtkim Alum Member
    239 karma

Try taking a break. Ignore the LSAT for about five days. My greatest score jumps came after I took some time for myself.

• NarinkaGNarinkaG Core Member
    8 karma

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely take a little break five days and then start studying again starting with 45 min a day everyday. This has helped me think differently about the LSAT.