Skill Builder - Complex Arguments Question 5.4

mg_ottercatmg_ottercat Alum Member
in General 4 karma

Hi friends, new learner here! I'm on the Skill Builder section of the Complex Arguments foundational lessons (https://7sage.com/lesson/skill-builder-complex-arguments/) and am quite lost on how to parse out Question 5.4:

"We see that our village solely trains personnel for specific trades. These individuals' lives would change dramatically if the programming failed. So it follows, proposition to build a new enterprise—although challenging—truly has merit. Sure a blacksmith center in the village after some sweat, monetary donations, and perseverance might be a reality. It just seems making a pitch for a blacksmith center really matters."

I've been reading and re-reading this question trying to figure out A) what this passage is even saying [it doesn't make sense to me!], and B) how the premises/conclusions were determined.

My initial reaction was the following:
- "We see that our village solely trains personnel for specific trades." sub-conclusion
- "These individuals' lives would change dramatically if the programming failed." minor premise
- "So it follows, proposition to build a new enterprise—although challenging—truly has merit." Main Conclusion
- "Sure a blacksmith center in the village after some sweat, monetary donations, and perseverance might be a reality." Major Premise
- "It just seems making a pitch for a blacksmith center really matters." minor? premise

Appreciate any help here! TY :-)