Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

17 -35 Drills Timing

J_FrankfurterJ_Frankfurter Core Member
in General 8 karma

Hello everyone, I apologize if this information is listed elsewhere. If anything, I am hoping to understand strategies being employed at large and their results.

I am going through the older LSAT course. For each question type, the section begins with a brief summary of the question type followed by example questions and then a series of drills ranging in difficulty. These drills all pull from prep tests 17 - 35 from my understanding with the exceptions of some that generate from 40 - 60s.

In perusing the comments for each drill, there seems to be a fair mix of those who time those drills and those who don't. Which should I be doing?

That may be a loaded question because 'should' almost certainly depends on what works best for the individual (unless, of course, the instructor suggested one way to my ignorance). Whether to time or not seems ultimately to present a tradeoff between ensuring a base-level understanding and timing. Improving timing will have not benefit if the questions are not correct. And, to a lesser extent, your accuracy in questions can only get you so far under time constraints.

So, what has worked (and is working) for everyone? Up to this point, I haven't timed any of the drills. I was planning on completing each question-type section and doing timed drills of prep tests 1 - 16. But is it wasting practice tests to not be timing every single one? I would so appreciate hearing everyone's strategies - especially if it resulted in great results. Thanks!