Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which PrepTest do I start with?

nlbergclemnlbergclem Live Member
in General 5 karma

I just began the 7Sage curriculum and want to take a diagnostic test to identify my starting point. I plan on taking the test post August 2024. Is there a test that I should take or do I just pick one? I figure I should start with the older ones now and save the most recent tests for later?

Comments

• whgus913whgus913 Core Member
    edited June 3 8 karma

The standard diagnostic LSAT is June 2007, which I believe is made available for free by the LSAC. You should be able to take that on 7Sage and get an idea of where you are starting from. Most people, I would say, try to keep PTs 80 and higher for serious practice, and use any older tests for drills, untimed practice, etc. I believe the June 2007 PT is somewhere in the 70s. Keep in mind that really old PTs do feel different from the modern LSAT, because there have been slight modifications in the formatting, types of questions asked, etc. I believe June 2007 was when the LSAC included a two-part reading passage in the RC section, for example. Hope this helps!