Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I know when to take the lsat if the registration is so early

emwiki1602emwiki1602 Core Member
in General 14 karma

I'm not sure what to do, I am planning on taking the September LSAT but I'm not sure ill be able to gauge how ready I am by the registration date. I would do the October LSAT but then I wont be able to see my score before the November registration deadline if I need to take it again. Maybe im not understanding how it works etc. but im just not sure if I should take it in october and then register for november wihtout knowing my score in case i didnt get the score i wanted or register for september but I wont know for certain how ready I am by the time we have to register

Comments

• devinethomasdevinethomas Live Member
    23 karma

I have been wondering the same thing...

• anonymous8anonymous8 Core Member
    85 karma

My suggestion: Don’t sign up for the LSAT until you have already scored your goal score on your practice tests or are within striking distance (typically 1-4 points away) of your goal score. For example: If your goal score is a 160 and the last 4 test you’ve taken are a 159, 158, 161, 160, sign up and take it. However, if your last 4 tests are 148, 146, 149, 147, and you are hoping to get a 160, don’t sign up just yet. The LSAT registration deadline is typically two months ahead of the LSAT test date. Increasing your score by 1-4 points in two months is doable, however, increasing your score by 10+ points in two months is much harder. It is not impossible, but why waste money and a test attempt? You only have a limited number of tests you can take so don't waste them when you aren't close to your goal score. Preferably, you'll take it when you are ready and would only take the LSAT 1-2 times and be done with it.

Note: If money is not an issue. You can sign up anyway. Just be mindful of the test withdrawal date. You can withdraw from the LSAT days before the test is set to begin and it doesn’t count towards your attempts but there is no refund so you'll loose out the $200 you paid.

• emwiki1602emwiki1602 Core Member
    14 karma

@anonymous8 said:
    My suggestion: Don’t sign up for the LSAT until you have already scored your goal score on your practice tests or are within striking distance (typically 1-4 points away) of your goal score. For example: If your goal score is a 160 and the last 4 test you’ve taken are a 159, 158, 161, 160, sign up and take it. However, if your last 4 tests are 148, 146, 149, 147, and you are hoping to get a 160, don’t sign up just yet. The LSAT registration deadline is typically two months ahead of the LSAT test date. Increasing your score by 1-4 points in two months is doable, however, increasing your score by 10+ points in two months is much harder. It is not impossible, but why waste money and a test attempt? You only have a limited number of tests you can take so don't waste them when you aren't close to your goal score. Preferably, you'll take it when you are ready and would only take the LSAT 1-2 times and be done with it.

Note: If money is not an issue. You can sign up anyway. Just be mindful of the test withdrawal date. You can withdraw from the LSAT days before the test is set to begin and it doesn’t count towards your attempts but there is no refund so you'll loose out the $200 you paid.

Thank you so much