Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Recordings Available] A 2-Part Crash Course on 7Sage's New Method for RC!

joel.tennysonjoel.tennyson Member Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited June 28 in General 210 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

J.Y. and 7Sage's content creation team have recently developed a new way of engaging with reading comprehension passages and questions. You may already have noticed that many RC passages now feature new tags like 'Spot' for Spotlight-style passages and 'Prob' for Problem-Analysis-style passages.

To help you learn more about the passage styles and how you can improve your approach to RC by applying relevant strategies to passages of different styles, lead content creator Kevin Lin has taught a two-part live class to introduce you to the new method!

The recording of Part 1 is available here.
The recording of Part 2 is available here.

🍪 The recordings are available to all Core subscribers as well as Live subscribers.

Comments

• 3333333333333333 Core Member
    55 karma

Can you record the sessions and upload them? I have work during both of those times and could use the reading comp tips :(

• cameronabrams25cameronabrams25 Core Member
    4 karma

I've tried to register for both and I am unable to. Inputted my 7sage email address and an error message popped up saying only registered users can register. I have a Core subscription

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1517 karma

@cameronabrams25 said:
    I've tried to register for both and I am unable to. Inputted my 7sage email address and an error message popped up saying only registered users can register. I have a Core subscription

Hi there,

I am so sorry for the trouble.

Please note that the live classes are limited to users with an existing Zoom account, please make sure that the email address you are using is an email address associated with your Zoom account.

If you don't have a Zoom account yet, you can sign up for one here: https://zoom.us/signup#/signup

Zoom is a platform that we use to conduct the live classes and is a separate platform from the 7Sage course, so you need to sign up with them to be able to attend the classes. You need to log in to your 7Sage account using your 7Sage login details to access the link to watch the live classes, but you do need to sign up/log in to Zoom separately to be able to use their program.

If you are still having issues with joining the classes using an email address associated with your Zoom account, please let me know so I can investigate this further.

• joel.tennysonjoel.tennyson Member Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    210 karma

Can you record the sessions and upload them? I have work during both of those times and could use the reading comp tips :(

@33333333, certainly! The same links for viewing the event pages for part 1 and part 2 above will contain the class recordings. Those should become available a few days after the actual class takes place.

• cafetero23cafetero23 Live Member
    86 karma

I think you have the date wrong. This Saturday is the 22nd not 27th.

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    402 karma

Will we get a reminder email with a link? Signed up but can’t remember if there was a link that I saw. Thanks!

210 karma

Part 1 is today- hope to see you there!

@equallyyoked reminder emails just went out (including the Zoom link), so you should have it now.

@cafetero23 thanks for spotting the erroneous date in the link earlier.

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    402 karma

TY! I did receive the reminder email but it did not have a link. So I just logged into 7Sage under love courses and it was right at the top. Great class- thank you!

• aihansennaihansenn Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Is the date correct?

210 karma

The recording for Part 1 is now available here. If you didn't attend the first part and would like to attend Part 2, I highly recommend watching!

@aihansenn the dates above are correct- part 2 will start at 3:00 PM EDT this Saturday, 6/22.