Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worse than my diagnostic 2 months later

sharajjeyarajahsharajjeyarajah Live Member
in General 10 karma

I am taking the August LSAT, and I have consistently pointed one point lower than my diagnostic-- I think I've taken 6-7 tests. I am on RRE, and I've been taking the course in syllabus order. Should I skip to my weaker sections? Or should I consider a different prep site?

Comments

• stardust21stardust21 Core Member
    14 karma

Hi, I think it's typically recommended to finish the CC before starting to do practice tests. RRE is still pretty early in the syllabus so the score you're getting now is likely not reflective of what you would get at the end of the syllabus. but if you're really pressed for time, maybe try learning the weaker sections and then see if your score improves. also, try not to spend too much time taking practice tests this early in your studying since they take up a lot of time and are a bit of a waste of time if you don't know the basic LR question types

• sharajjeyarajahsharajjeyarajah Live Member
    10 karma

Thank you, this helped a lot!

• jespencer24jespencer24 Live Member
    10 karma

Hey! As someone who was struggling with the exact same issue until literally yesterday where I jumped up 6 points from my highest previous score, I completely relate. This may not be your issue, but for me, I found that I was putting so much pressure on myself to prove the studying was working that I freaked out on exams and had brain fog and timing problems. Before my latest PT, I went on a morning run and did some breathing exercises to calm the nerves. The change was night and day.

But also I think that just drilling and blind review is essential, so if you can start including that in your routine it will do a lot of good.