Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I use my last LSAT score as my diagnostic?

jasmine.lsatterjasmine.lsatter Alum Member
in General 72 karma

I’ve already taken it and was wondering if I should take a diagnostic before starting to study again or if I could rely on my last official LSAT score as my diagnostic. It was last month’s administration so very recent. Thank you!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

How long did you study prior to taking June's exam?

• jasmine.lsatterjasmine.lsatter Alum Member
    72 karma

A few months of what can only be described as half-assed studying. It was my second time taking it and I bumped up 10 points from the first round which I was happy about but that put me in the mid 150s. I read through the power score bibles. I don’t even know how many months... I did not even take a full PT. In hindsight I honestly did not know what I was doing now that I’m reading through the discussions. I finished the free trial and I think I will go for the ultimate plus but I’m waffling big time and want to make sure I go into it the right way this time.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@"jasmine.lsatter" said:
    A few months of what can only be described as half-assed studying. It was my second time taking it and I bumped up 10 points from the first round which I was happy about but that put me in the mid 150s. I read through the power score bibles. I don’t even know how many months... I did not even take a full PT. In hindsight I honestly did not know what I was doing now that I’m reading through the discussions. I finished the free trial and I think I will go for the ultimate plus but I’m waffling big time and want to make sure I go into it the right way this time.

You could use it as a diagnostic of an actual lsat - but it might be misleading to say it was your initial score. Try to chart out your point progress from the beginning to present day. Go through the different 7sage packages I typically recommend ultimate or ultimate plus. 7sage is one of the best prep tools for the LSAT. Figure out how many points you need to move up to your target and create a schedule based on that

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I wouldn't say it's your diagnostic... but I'm not sure a label really matters at this point. I'll also say that if you're deciding between Ultimate and Ultimate +, definitely get the plus. Having the ability to drill the hardest questions is a game-changer. Plus, you get a lot of information about the application process.

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2019 796 karma

If by "diagnostic" you mean, functionally speaking, as a score used to calibrate your future study plan, then yes, just use your test score.