Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take for you to go through the ENTIRE Core curriculum?

jessegrewal08jessegrewal08 Live Member
in General 16 karma

Maybe I'm being extra hard on myself but just the Core Curriculum is taking forever! It's taken me 2 months of full time studying.

I'm spending the time to truly absorb everything though which I already am seeing a payoff when intuitively understanding the questions and getting them right.

How long did it take you guys to get through the foundations, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comp? This is for the new format without Logic Games.

I'm taking the test in Oct/Nov so want to make sure I give enough time to drill the crap out of everything and do tons of PTs.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Protas21SavageProtas21Savage Live Member
    edited July 6 100 karma

Foundations took me ~70 hours. I'm nearing ~80 hours and am almost halfway through LR. I study 1-2 hours/day. My goal is to really understand what I'm doing and sometimes that involves re-doing problem sets until I understand what's wrong, finding and using other resources to fill in gaps, or taking supplemental classes. I think I'm on the slower end of the spectrum and, like you, want to make sure I really understand everything before moving forward. There isn't a right or wrong way to approach it. As long as you're not burnt out and see consistent progress, keep moving at your own pace.

• jessegrewal08jessegrewal08 Live Member
    16 karma

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! Makes me feel not alone in that approach!

• BritlbettermanBritlbetterman Core Member
    2 karma

You're definitely not alone. I literally just came to the discussion forum to ask the same question. I believe you're going in the right direction. As you said yourself, you've already seen improvement. Going to law school is a big decision so why not do the first part right and really try to soak up everything. I don't think you would regret it. 170+ score coming your way!

• coffeechucklescoffeechuckles Core Member
    93 karma

Took me 2-3 months of 10-15 hours per week. I pushed myself to move through it fast, wish I had taken more notes and reviewed more lessons throughout. Stay on the path!

• Tisha BrahmbhattTisha Brahmbhatt Live Member
    18 karma

Hey Jesse,
    this the forum where I could do the #relatable. I started 7sage foundation in core curriculum v2 around mid-June. I am on my 3rd week and still in the foundation part which does not have video, taking up a lot of my time to read and understand and then go to comments to make sure that what I understood was correct. I will be starting the LR section soon.

My note taking skill has been bad. If you have any suggestions for that please let me know. Also how are you applying what you understand from the lessons to the actual test, because I think something I am doing wrong is taking the notes and often forgetting about the concepts after a day or two. I am waiting to use them on the actual test, but I am definitely doing the skill builders to absorb the idea. Is that fine to do?

Currently I am giving 2-3 hours max per day. Planning to take November 2024 so if you want to be study buddy dm me :)