Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I even have a shot at fall apps if I'm just now starting?

I'm starting late and planned on taking the test in October to be in the earlier pool of applicants. My GPA is 3.73 before uGPA and raw diagnostic was 148. Because my stats aren't great, I feel like applying early is my only shot. Do I even have a chance?

Comments

• lucyepjsslucyepjss Live Member
    9 karma

It depends on which law schools you want to go to and what their medians are! A 148 is a normal diagnostic score, and it should go up a few points after you finish the foundations. I also started at a 148 and went up to a 153 in about two weeks of studying. I would base whether or not you take the October test on if you're consistently getting practice scores on PrepTests that are around the score you're aiming for. If you really dedicate yourself to quality studying, I definitely think it is possible, but there is nothing wrong with taking a gap year and applying next cycle. Also, try not to count yourself out yet! There is no way to tell how much your score will improve, and also don't discredit the power of personal statements. You got this!

• breanna1227.studentbreanna1227.student Live Member
    48 karma

A 148 is a completely normal diagnostic score. I would work through the course over the matter of a month or two and reassess then. It's very possible to reach a reasonable score by October if you take studying seriously. It really depends on what law schools you are applying for too. Unless you have a T14 goal, I wouldn't stress out too much.

Remember, you don't have to submit applications until early Spring for most schools. You have time to retake in between then if you don't do as well as you'd like on the October test.

Best of luck :)