Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.9 undergrad GPA, Theatre major, class of 2020, is there any hope for me?

lsatstudier180lsatstudier180 Free Trial Member
edited July 9 in General 5 karma

I want to get into the best school possible and receive as much scholarship $$$ as possible. My goal is BigLaw after graduating. Am I completely delusional? Are these goals attainable? Should I switch life tracks completely?

Comments

• singerbeckhamsingerbeckham Core Member
    50 karma

Luckily for you, law schools seem to weight LSAT score more than GPA, meaning that, if you’re able to manage a high LSAT score, you might be able to compensate for your low GPA.
    Getting into a prestigious law school (one that opens doors to big law) will be very difficult with a 2.9 GPA, but it’s certainly not unheard of and is very possible with an exceptional LSAT.

• CmxxxxxxxxCmxxxxxxxx Live Member
    15 karma

I have a 3.0 and totally feel ya. T14 seems about impossible but top 30-40 some of which have about a third of their classes going into big law is definitely possible with 170+.

• cartwrightmc03cartwrightmc03 Core Member
    7 karma

Stay encouraged and focus on the test! Also, pour into the personal statement because that will stand out on the application too. Praying for the best!