Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good Resources for Law Passage Practice?

AmyC.oh16AmyC.oh16 Live Member

My weakest point for RC is law passages (lol). I am trying to read more law based articles so I don't burn through Passages. Does anyone have any resources for law articles that they would recommend?

Comments

• ntrepanier5ntrepanier5 Alum Member
    310 karma

Something I used to do was read a random article a day from one of the following journals:

-Marqutte Intellectual Property & Innovation Law Review
    -American Indian Law Journal
    -American Journal of Jurisprudence
    -Standford Environmental Law Journal
    -Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law

I would usually just read the Introduction and Conclusion; didn't feel like it was super productive to get in the weeds of their body and footnotes (unless you feel like you want to get better at parsing through details, then maybe that could be helpful). I chose these journals speficially because they each address a type of law passage I felt I was less familiar with.

2 Caveats:

1) I think I accessed some of these through my university library, so I'm not 100% if they're free to the public. If they aren't, there are hundreds of other great law journals that cover way more areas of the law.

2) I stopped reading part of an article a day a few months ago bc I personally felt like it was more useful to stick to what LSAC has given us just because the structure, level of detail, tone, etc., is so consistent. I've honestly found at least the intros and conclusions to even some of the more complex IP and copyright law journals I read earlier in my studies to be EASIER to digest than RC passages, just bc they're not intentionally made to be convoluting and confusing. But if you still think it'd be helpful, then there are those 5 journals for you.

Enjoy!