Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deferral Question and breach of contract

baff38866baff38866 Free Trial Member

I am currently enrolled at a law school (set to come in Fall 2024), but I am thinking of deferring because of life circumstances that have come up. Deferring would mean that I would have to withdraw all of my applications from places I have been waitlisted at, some of which are schools that are my top choices. In addition, I would not be able to reapply to other schools while deferred, this makes total sense to me. However, if I were to in the future decide I would like to apply to other schools, would I be able to withdraw from the law school I deferred and then apply or would I not be allowed to do this?

My agreement obviously does not comment on withdrawing and then applying to other schools and I have not found a resource out there that provides this type of information.

The deferral form I would sign says "I will not apply to other law schools while holding a deferral " so I am wondering if I were to withdraw, could I then apply to law schools because I wouldn't be bonded by the contract anymore?

I figure this is because it’s a tricky route to take. Would appreciate any of your advice. Thank you!