Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Drilling Only Max Difficulty Question - 7Sage Forum

Drilling Only Max Difficulty Question

melodywhizmelodywhiz Core Member

So I've been noticing a lot of what I'm getting wrong are questions that are ranked 4-5 on difficulty, and some 3's. No surprise there, but I'm wondering if it would be effective to only drill using questions that are max difficulty? Might be a silly question idk. Any tips for studying when getting more of the difficult questions wrong?

Comments

• tildenb1tildenb1 Core Member
    51 karma

I can only speak from personal experience, but I find that it seems necessary to drill all the difficulties. When I drill, I typically get the hardest and easiest questions right, and find myself missing or getting stuck on the 3/4 questions because of trap answers. All the difficulties seem to be separated by content differences/type of question and not by difficulty to any given individual.
    As for tips, I would say just work on your weaknesses until they become strengths, then rinse and repeat until you eventually start scoring better.

• beyondpossumbeyondpossum Live Member
    89 karma

About half of my wrong lrs are 5*, the rest are 1 or 2*. One of my idiosyncrasic challenges in interpreting language in the way the test taken intends, and this problem can often arise just as much on "easy questions". So if you also have that problem, practicing easy questions are important. Also, Certain questions types are concentrated in the lower dofficulties. Also, most questions are easier compared to 4s and 5s, so practicing the kinds of questions that tend to be 3s or lower may pay more returns. Whatever you do, don't fall into the fallacy that practicing 5s is the best strat good for training easier questions . This ain't like weightlifting, where lifting 100 lbs necessarily would be more efficient for training lifting 50 lbs.

• sidneysingersidneysinger Core Member
    9 karma

I am drilling easiest until I can get at least 2 sets in a row 100% (or one wrong if its a stupid mistake) and then going up a difficulty and doing again etc. etc.