Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finished Core Curriculum,

lindsp123lindsp123 Member
in General 11 karma

do I go straight into taking a PT? Or should I take a day in between to freshen up on LR? What did you guys do?

Comments

• PerhapsItsPapsPerhapsItsPaps Live Member
    21 karma

I finished the core curriculum couple weeks ago and haven’t taken a PT yet. I been focusing on untimed sections and creating small drills. Trying to work on my accuracy first and also trying to build endurance. I currently don't have the mental strength to take a full PT, and still working on my foundational skills like FL. Im trying to build confidence first before starting PTs.

• riosandronicus88riosandronicus88 Core Member
    72 karma

First, congratulations for completing the Core Curriculum. It took me at least six months to complete. How long did it take you, OP? Regardless, it is a job well done.
    Regarding your other question, I would recommend asking yourself some questions about your overall performance before proceeding to take a PT. PT's are finite sources, so it is best to use them prudently. If you want to get a diagnostic of how you are performing overall, I would recommend taking just one PT and completing BR for the PT.
    After taking the PT and reviewing it, then I would recommend drilling select questions or sections of LR and RC. Focus on whatever areas you are struggling the most with. Best of luck on the next step of your LSAT journey.

• jessegrewal08jessegrewal08 Live Member
    edited July 13 23 karma

I'm in the same boat! Just finished CORE curriculum and it's taken frustratingly long to do so (it took me 2.5 months of full time studying). But I like legit watched every minute of EACH LONG video which I'm hoping pays off in better understand of the fundamentals, etc. I'm seriously so glad it's over and now I can get to the fun stuff like drilling!

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Here's my plan:

I'm starting back at the beginning of LR. If you look, there are 16 different question types for LR. Now I've started at the first one we covered which are Main Point/Conclusion questions and created a 10 question drill on Medium difficulty. I'm doing it timed the first time and then BR untimed (obviously). Then reviewing my answers. The ones I get wrong (I got 7/10 right the first drill) I'm reviewing those 3 incorrect questions and watching the videos. I then ask myself "why did I choose the answer that was incorrect?" I then go through the thought process I had and engrain in my brain to not make that mistake again.

For example, 2 of the 3 wrong ones I got, it was because I didn't pay attention to the EXACT wording of the conclusion and what that reminded me to do was to read more carefully and watch the wording of how they many times they paraphrase the questions.

Anyway, I plan on focusing on a few sets of 10 Main Point Questions and then moving on the the next LR question type which is MSS and after a few 10 question drills there, I'll move to PAI and onward. Here's a summary of the types of questions that I printed out so I can keep track.

My goal is to do 4 question types per day. That takes 4 days. Then I'll throw in one full day of RC. That's 5 days. And then prob do a practice test on day 6.

That's what I'm thinking for now and as I get more and more accurate, I'm sure this will go faster. I'm taking the test first in October and then second in November. I'm hoping that 3 solid months (for Oct) and four solid months (for Nov) gets me the 170 plus I'm going for.

That's why I'm not trying to put too much on my plate each day and only doing 4 question types. We will see how this works. If anyone has better tips on how they structured it please share!

Logical Reasoning
    1. Main Conclusion Questions 2h
    2. Transitioning to Most Strongly Supported Questions 47m
    3. Most Strongly Supported Questions 1.5h
    4. Point at Issue: Agree or Disagree Questions 1.8h
    5. Inference and Must Be True Questions 3.6h
    6. Resolve, Reconcile, or Explain Questions 4.1h
    7. Weaken, Strengthen, Evaluate Questions - Causal Logic 6.7h
    8. Weaken, Strengthen, Evaluate Questions 2.9h
    9. Pseudo Sufficient Assumption or Rule-Application Questions 5.3h
    10. Principle Questions 1.7h
    11. Sufficient Assumption Questions 4.4h